FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions: Thanks / Rep mod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions: Thanks / Rep mod
    Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 2:19pm

There have been several Thanks / Rep mod requests (some directly to me) and so I am considering creating one.

How ever I would need people who are interested in using a "Thanks / Rep" mod to request features and make suggestions on how they would like it to function etc.

Please post your ideas and suggestions in this thread and I will do my best to incorporate them into the modification.
BLoodY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BLoodY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 7:55am
my web site address's is http://www.eskisehirspor.com/forum

my reason is, +1 messages on topics are all junk posts and I don't want them

there may be a "thanks/cool/rep" buttton on a post header, then a  counter for it.
MrTWS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrTWS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 1:05pm
To me a thanks mod should be able to show how many times a particular user's posts have been appreciated. It does not necessarily have to show good, bad or indifferent, just whether or not that particular user has given answers that people may appreciate
It should probably say something like -
Reputation Points

or some other stuff, and perhaps a line where it says thanked by...
and the users names, but I'm guessing that could end up being really long winded
MrTWS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrTWS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 1:06pm
By the way, I did try something similar but just have not had the time to pursue it yet
slog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote slog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:25pm
I like the idea of a Thanks MOD. Thanks posts are too annoying. But I see it as a way for you to rate some user's posts, isn't it? But I can't understand how it would work, it will be a way evaluate the user or the post, or both?

The mod that I need is a rating MOD, but diff from the rating system that will be on v10, I need a rating for the poster to rate his topic, my forum is a review forum, so when you post on a topic you are reviewing whatever is the subject of that topic, some people like the think some not so I need my users to give scores to their evaluation and it would go for the topic, like, this equipment has 2 good, 3 bad and 5 neutral evaluations.

But a way to rate the user can be good too.

Matt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 1:17pm
The idea I have for this modification is that each individual post to a topic can be rated either Good or Bad.

The post will have, for example, "5 out of 10 people found this post helpful". Obviously like all of my modifications you will be able to change the text in the language file if you would like to re-word this.

Each rating of a post will also affect the "Reputation" of the user who made the most. So having say 9 Good ratings and 1 Bad rating for all their posts will give them a total score of 9/10. I haven't decided how I will display this yet. Either just "Reputation: 9 / 10" or I may use something similar to the Stars for groups. I could even have it as an option which is used.

Once V10 of the forum is out I could even add the post ratings towards the overall topic rating, if that is what people would want.

I would like people to give me input on the modification as to whether or not this is what they would like or if they would prefer it to operate in different ways.
slog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote slog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 7:10am
Scotty, I like the rate per post and user reputation idea, it will work just fine for my needs. But I believe it can get confused with the points systems from V10. I don't really understand how the points system works in v10.

What do mean when you say ...

Quote Once V10 of the forum is out I could even add the post ratings towards the overall topic rating, if that is what people would want.

It will affect on the topic rating? That would be perfect so people won't need to evaluate both topic and post, only by saying that you like a post on the topic it gives points to the topic.

Thanks Scotty, can't wait to see this mod ready.

PS.: do you have any plans on upgrading the "Whos viewing this topic" mod to the new version?
Matt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 1:47pm
The points system in  V10 basically works off posts. It is roughly 2 points for a new topic and 1 point for a reply. Though I believe this is customisable by the forum admins.

I never really thought about the Points system on V10 as this modification will be released for V9 (unless V10 comes out before I finish it). But I could also look at integrating the modification with that to, say an extra point for a good post and take a point off for a bad post?
That may be something I look into once V10 is released.

And yes, I may look into individual post ratings via my mod effecting the topic rating that is part of V10. But as I said, I will look into that once V10 is out and also if people request it.

As for the "Whos Viewing this Topic", I do intend to upgrade it to V9. Its just that nobody has asked about it so it has just been pushed back until I get time. But if you are interested in it I will look into it again once I get time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic