New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Use WWF authentication for other parts of website
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Use WWF authentication for other parts of website

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Info_Tech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Info_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 5:48am

Scotty, hello again...

I am currently redirecting guest users to the login page. What I need to do is redirect the user back to the page where they came from (which is outside of the forum).

What I have done, so far, since WWF security measures don't allow redirecting to page outside of the forum, is I created a page within the forum directory that will redirect the user to where I want them to be redirected.

However, for whatever reason, I cannot get this to work.

I added the following function in the login_user_test.asp file but it does not seem to be working:
If strReturnURL = "mypage.asp" Then strReturnURL = "my_redirect_page_within_the_forum.asp"

What else should I do...? I appreciate your help!
Matt View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 9:34pm

A solution I found for a phpBB forum I have (which has the same security in place) was to use URL Rewrites.

If you have this available on your server (I believe WebWiz has it on their servers if your with them) you can do a similar thing to what you did above but in a .htaccess file.

The solution I decided to do was to basically have "rw_folder_file.php" which would translate to "/folder/file.php".

To do this, Add the following to your htaccess file in the forum folder
RewriteRule ^rw_(.*)_(.*).asp$    /$1/$2.asp [R=301]

If how ever you dont have access to URL Rewrite then this post was a waste of time, and I'll see if i can figure something else out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic