This Web Wiz Forums Mod allows yours to select a gender for the profile.
The members gender will display in their Profile and on posts they make to the forum.Members can choose between 3 choices:
Private is used if a member does not wish to disclose their gender.
You can change the titles used by editing the 'language_file_inc.asp' in 'language_files'.
A new feature was implimented into V1.04 where-by if you change the 'language_file_inc.asp' so that Private is set blank, and the user selects there gender as Private (blank) it will not show up in the mini profile on 'forum_posts.asp'.
Note: This modification does not yet support MySQL Database
Installation:if you wish to use English on your forum you do not need to do step 5.
if however you use a different language for your forum you will need to do step 5.
- Make sure you back-up your database and forum files before continuing.
- Copy all files to the root folder for your forum replacing the original web wiz forums files.
- language_file_inc.asp needs to be put in the 'language_files' folder of the forum.
MS Access Database
after replacing the orginal files run the file 'ms_access_update.asp' and enter the location of your database.
MSSQL Server Database
after replacing the orginal files run the file 'MSSQL_server_update.asp' and enter your database connection details.
- once you have ran the update file, make sure you delete this file for security reasons, as it is no longer needed.
continue only if you wish to change the language of your forum
- edit the file 'language_file_inc.asp' in 'language_files' and replace all the values with your own language. make sure you keep the quotation marks around the phrases, otherwise you will generate errors on your forum.
Web Wiz Forums Compatibility:
The current version has been tested with and will work upto v8.05a. Will not work with v8.04 or below.
Discontinued (61kb) Version 1.04 (28 Dec 06)
Version 1.03 to Version 1.04 (28 Dec 06)
- Updated for compatiblity with Web Wiz Forums V8.05 (register.asp)
- Updated for compatiblity with Web Wiz Forums V8.05 (forum_posts.asp)
- Updated for compatiblity with Web Wiz Forums V8.05 (member_profile.asp)
- Updated for compatiblity with Web Wiz Forums V8.05 (language_files\language_file_inc.asp)