Print Page | Close Window

Update: Who Visited Today (V2.04b)

Printed From: S2H.co.uk
Category: Community Forums
Forum Name: News & Annoucements
Forum Description: News and annoucements from S2H
URL: http://www.s2h.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=117
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:33pm

Topic: Update: Who Visited Today (V2.04b)
Posted By: Matt
Subject: Update: Who Visited Today (V2.04b)
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 3:33pm
After receiving reports that the ../wwf/mods/who-visited-today/" rel="nofollow - Who Visited Today mod still wasn't working correctly I started testing the new Time Offset alteration.

After a while I realised that you cannot use the forum time offset, as it would course conflict with the dates.

To test it properly I set the time offset +8 hours, which put my forum time to 11:55, and at 12:05 it removed all users even ones logged in, because the dates do not match. The the database had the date "10/04/2008 3:05pm" but the time offset date becomes "11/04/2008 12:05am". Obviously the mod then thinks that the user visited yesterday and doesnt show them.

For now I think it is best to keep the dates in sync and use the server time to compare with the database which is set using the server time. Because of this I am going to revert the mod back to version 2.04.

You can re-download the mod from the ../wwf/mods/who-visited-today/" rel="nofollow - Who Visited Today page, the reverted version will be named V2.04b as there have been slight alterations by the time offset fix.

Print Page | Close Window